Business Developement Consultant
£25000 - £30000
Work For Midas
Foodservice - Business Development Consultant
To achieve and exceed pre agreed sales revenue targets on a monthly basis. To generate a consistent level of new vacancies within the foodservice sector, with existing, dormant and new clients.
Client Sales Activity
• To reach out to your client prospects* ensuring they know who you and we are, and that we are communicating with the correct decision makers (Sales Directors, HR Directors and Regional Sales Managers).
• Establishing key recruitment information for the prospect following probing questions, to determine prospect viability and likely usage of our services.
• To educate clients as to our service offerings and scope – e.g. contingent and retained in Sales, Marketing and Executive hires.
• To research and identify new employers within your chosen area of focus and to add these into your prospect data, the idea is to expand on the data records we have and not just recycle past records.
• To convert prospects into regular spending customers and establish a long-term buying relationship and loyalty with Midas.
• Once a vacant opportunity becomes apparent, we need to follow the vacancy “take on” procedure to qualify the opportunity.
• To ensure that relevant Midas foodservice marketing collateral is sent to prospects at a variety of steps in the sales process.
• To ensure terms of business are verbally agreed for new clients and Terms of Business are sent via adobe for signature from operations (internally)
• To achieve regular client interaction for business development/account management, and meeting pre-agreed call volumes on a daily/weekly basis – circa min 40 dials per day. To diarise all prospect call backs using chameleoni, these being either 1 week, 1 month, 3 months etc.
• To meet and present to clients where necessary, either in person or via Teams/Zoom and to adhere to internal account management and ownership guidelines
*Prospects – these include previous clients, either dormant or active and of course new cold prospects, and new emerging areas of the foodservice vertical.
Administration and Reporting
• To time manage your daily diary in respect of core selling time (6 hours) and non-core selling time (2 hours) and effectively manage your time throughout the business day.
• To conduct relevant business research in order to maximise your core selling time.
• To keep accurate records and carry out all administrative duties to meet with company requirements, legal requirements and internal systems. Most importantly in relation to our CRM system – Chameleoni.
• Ensure thorough and accurate invoicing information is provided at all times, paying attention to who to invoice, whether we need a PO and clear payment terms. Thorough Placement records must be created.
• Create and Review Monthly Sales forecasts.
• Work additional hours to support the job function as and when circumstances determine this course of action. Chameleoni supports this as a remote tool.
• Reinforce the culture and core values of Midas through appropriate behaviours and actions.
• Develop self in order to maximise personal contribution to the job.
• Focus on costs, process improvements and/or efficiency to contribute to the profitability of Midas.
Salary Range & Benefits
Basic salary is in accordance with experience and also sales targets. Salary will be £25,000 per annum with monthly commission. After a ramp up period the revenue sales target will be £8,000 per month.
Employees can join the company stakeholder pension scheme (details in COE)2500
Hours of Work
9am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch – Monday to Friday – we can be flexible
20 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays, with an additional day for every year served to a max of 25 days of holiday plus stats.
Following the successful completion of a probation period, we are flexible to accommodate 2 days per week working from home, to be agreed with Nathan.
Tel: 0121 214 3747