PLANNING and DESIGN MANAGER
£40000 - £60000
PLANNING and DESIGN MANAGER
To £60k basic, company car, 5% pension, 23 days holiday
We are a world leading group of companies in the manufacture of artificial grass and in the design, construction, installation and maintenance of synthetic and natural sports pitches throughout the UK and overseas.
We have experienced unprecedented growth recently and a high level of business development is planned in our current 3-Year Business Plan. With an expanding portfolio of UK, European and overseas clients, particularly within the educational and sports sectors, we are seeking a competent Planning and Design Manager. You will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing clients with high quality, timely and outcome-based planning development services.
The successful candidates shall:
• be able to demonstrate your experience of planning applications and manage the initial design and development stages of pitch projects
including drawings, surveys, drainage solutions and any other specific processes that may be required.
• prepare and present evidence on appeals for clients; contribute to service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness;
• provide consistently high professional advice on planning matters to clients, the internal team and other stake holders as necessary.
• negotiate with applicants and a wide range of stakeholders to obtain high quality outcomes within given time constraints set out in our
contractual arrangements with employers/clients.
The requirements of the role:
• Contribute to the assessment of potential development sites.
• Preparing and submitting planning applications.
• Comprehensive knowledge of planning processes and structure.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sports pitch design construction and planning submissions.
• Proven record with evidence to show planning permissions obtained to a high standard.
• Attention to detail.
• Good writing skills and grammar.
• Ability to work alone and in a team.
• Membership - Chartered by RTPI
• Degree in Planning
• AutoCAD/Other technical drawing.
• Knowledge of current sporting governing body codes of practice.
• Knowledge of sports pitch construction.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sports pitch design construction and planning submissions.
• Proven record with evidence to show planning permissions obtained and pitch design.
Due to the demanding nature of the role, you will need well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with experience and demonstration of investigating, analysing, recommending and presenting solutions to planning and pitch design challenges.
You must be highly organised; with a passion and commitment to the delivery of a high-quality customer-focussed service. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, with an ability to work under pressure and to think ahead. A commitment to quality and health and safety is essential.
Please forward a Word copy of your up to date CV (not PDF please) to firstname.lastname@example.org and then call me on 0121 214 3748 to discuss.
Tel: 0121 214 3748